How to make references in the term paper according to GOST 2023
What are the references in the term paper and how to make them correctly on their own according to GOST 2023. See an example of references in the term paper.
- Intra-text bibliographical reference: examples
- Sublinear bibliographical reference: sample
- Post-text bibliographical reference: example
- References to Internet sources in the term paper example
- References in square brackets in the term paper example
- Reference to the figure in the term paper example
In this article you will learn about how to properly execute references in the term paper by GOST-2023. It is very important to follow all the rules of registration, because your grade for the work depends on it. After reading this article you have an opportunity to improve the uniqueness of your term paper with the help of a neural network for writing text.
Types of references in the term paper
References in term papers can be different. And they all have features in the design. So, types of references:
- Intra-textual - they are placed in parentheses and then placed in front of the source for explanation and addition. They are included in the main text. For example, a reference to the Constitution of the Russian Federation in the course is always given only in the text.
- Footnotes - at the bottom of the page are references to appendices or articles that were mentioned in the text of the term paper.
- Transtextual - they are taken out of the main text. But when you write the textual references (to books, websites) do not forget about their numbering. When writing the text immediately after the sentence is a reference (in square brackets) to the text reference, which allows the reader to see additional information. In addition, they provide an indication of the page number of the source from which the quote is taken. So, for example: the reference  on page 52 of the source at number 24 in the bibliographic list means, that the citation is taken at page 52 of the source at number 24 in the bibliographic list.
An example of such links is shown below:
How to write a term paper according to GOST 2023
How to make different types of links
It is very important to know how to properly design different types of references. But take into account the topic and subject of your term paper, as the list of references should be fully consistent with your work.
Intra-text bibliographical reference: examples
- (Alekseeva, D.G. Investment credit / D.G. Alekseeva, S.V. Pykhtin // Law. - 2006. - № 3. - С. 56 - 61.);
- (Antonova, S. Lesson on the grass : notes from the summer scout camp / S. Antonova // Izvestia. - 1990. - 3 september.);
- (Gorn, R. Scouts came out of hiding / R. Gorn // Uchitelskaya Gazeta. - 1991. - № 38.-С. 9.).
Sublinear bibliographical reference: sample
Cherkasov, P. Three colors of time / P. Cherkasov // New World. - 1989.-№5.-С. 262 - 265. - Review of book: Smirnov V.P. France: country, people, traditions / V.P.Smirnov. - Moscow: Mysl, 1988. - 287 с.
Piskuchov, V. Computer Gospel / V. Piskunov // Literary Review. - 1988. - № 1. - С. 43 - 47. - Review on book: Tendriakov, V.F. Attempt on Mirages : a novel / V.F. Tendriakov // Novyi Mir. - 1987. - № 4. - С. 59 - 116.; N5. -С. 89- 164.
Post-text bibliographical reference: example
Such references are at the very end of the term paper and must fully comply with the meaning of the text.
- 1. Kostikov, V. Let's not curse the exile / V. Kostikov // Ways of Russian emigration. - М., 1990. - Ч. 1, Ch. 3. In the center of Europe. - С. 59 - 86.
- 5. Muravyev A.V., Sakharov A.M. Culture of Russia IX - first half of XII centuries / A.V. Muravyev, A.M. Sakharov // Muravyev, A.V. Essays on the history of Russian culture IX - XVII centuries. Muravyev, A. M. Sakharov. - М., 1984. - Chapter. 1. - С 7 - 74.
How to make a repeated link
You can use the same reference for different paragraphs or sentences of your term paper. But it needs to be designed correctly. Various repeated references on one page should be shorter, so as not to clutter the text. To pass the anti-plagiarism, use a neural network to paraphrase the text. Inline additional reference looks like this - [Ibid, p. 275.]
How to make a reference in a footnote
- Reference - bibliographic information about that fragment of text, which the student cites in the work.
- A footnote - An appendix to the main text is placed at the bottom of the page, where the explanatory text is, separated by a long horizontal line. There may be translations of foreign phrases or other notes to be made in the text as it proceeds.
To competently write footnotes in the course, you need to know the rules of their design:
- The font is Times New Roman.
- The size of footnotes in the course - the average, it is 10-12 pins.
- The line spacing is also different from the main text - it is 1.
Tips for linking
When making a reference to a normative document, the student should indicate its full name (without abbreviations), as well as the year and number of the official source of publication.
References to Internet sources in the term paper example
Internet sources in the list of references for the term paper, diploma thesis shall be executed as follows: obligatory indication of information about access mode to an Internet resource (URL); obligatory information about the history of the site.
References in square brackets in the term paper example
Write the number of the source in the reference list and the page where the information was taken. For example: [9. p. 55] - 9 source, 55 page.
Reference to the figure in the term paper example
It is necessary to mention all figures that were used in the text to show their essence and importance for the study. An example of a reference to a figure: "In the form of a diagram (Fig. 1.1).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to make references in the term paper in WORD?
Follow the rules of referencing outlined above. Remember the order in which the sources go. Also, the list should be in alphabetical order.
- How do I make a reference to the constitution in a term paper?
It is necessary to indicate the name of the document, the date of adoption and the place of its publication, the number of the article and the last amendments to it. Similarly, references to the code are also given.
Example: Constitution (Fundamental Law) of the Russian Federation - Russia : adopted at the extraordinary seventh session. The Constitution (Basic Law) of the Russian Federation - Russia : adopted at the extraordinary seventh session of the Supreme. The Constitution (Main Law) of the Russian Federation - Russia: adopted at the extraordinary seventh session of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR of the ninth convocation on 12 apr. Amended and supplemented - Moscow: Supreme Soviet of the Russian Federation : Izvestiya, 1992. The Supreme Soviet of the Russian Federation: Izvestiya, 1992. - 110 с.
- How to make a link to the application in a term paper?
If you mention an appendix in the text, you need to write its number in square brackets at the end. For example - .
Now you know how to make references to sources in your term paper according to GOST 2023. Use the neural network to increase the uniqueness of yourtexts.